First build, pls help, cant install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-o

Solid State Member
Pls help, Its my first build, Ive set everything up and was ready to install windows, it formats my harddrive and then copys files, just as its copied the files it says;

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer"

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On one occasion it said PAGE_FUALT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Would be very greatfull for some help.

I just tried again and it wouldnt even start the process it just said NTLDR is missing!

Steve-o said:
Pls help, Its my first build, Ive set everything up and was ready to install windows, it formats my harddrive and then copys files, just as its copied the files it says;

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer"

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On one occasion it said PAGE_FUALT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Would be very greatfull for some help.

Try reading this....it may help.

also, in the system bios make sure that virus check is disabled. It protects the boot sector, but can cause serious problems when installing. So, disable virus check/boot sector virus check or whatever it says. You may need to redo the installation, though.

I tried turning off the virus check and it only got as far as formatting my harddrive, it stopped and said problem caused by ntfs. sys and then read PAGE_FUALT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
it says something bout checking hardware and software is installed but everything apears to be ok!

for some reason i cant remember.But could it be with Xp you need to set the Partition Active .

Iv tried everything i can think of, i now get to the install and it goes through most of it, closest it got was 4 minutes remaining the n it will jst restart or show the same kind of error screen, i reslly dont no what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom