Which OS can i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
I am building a PC for the first time and i am wondering if there is any way i could load the OS used on Macs onto my homebuilt PC and if there would be any problems with it? I know all the people I have talked to who have built PCs have used Windows OS but i really like the ones used on Macs. If i were to use this OS, would i have to buy Mac specific programs as well?

You can't load OS X onto a standard PC, it just wont work. You can use Windows XP, or if you are feeling adventurous you could try Linux.

Greg said:
You can't load OS X onto a standard PC, it just wont work. You can use Windows XP, or if you are feeling adventurous you could try Linux.
yep.
Maybe there's an XP or Linux Mac OSX skin, though. I'm sure there must be one, you could use that.

I dont know. If you want to build a computer tuff luck go with windows. If yyou want a mac OS I think you are just gonna have to buy one already built from them.

jorsoft03 said:
Maybe there's an XP or Linux Mac OSX skin, though. I'm sure there must be one, you could use that.
I've seen quite a few for Linux, and some of them look pretty good. You can find whole theme packs that include the wallpaper, borders, icons, etc.

it would only work with an emulator to emulate the bios and stuff. for what ive heard about this, you cant do it(but if you could, it would be reallllllllllllllllly slow, plus its banned in these fourms)

so, to keep it simple, use xp (or 2000 if you want preformance)
or vista if you want looks, or xp for right inbetween

the closest thing ive heard of cross operating systems stuff is ive seen a mac run windows xp but not mac on an pc lol

i saw a video of some guy put mac osx onto a everday laptop using linux doing some crazy stuff. so it is possible, just not very easy at all. he also just showed doing, not actually what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom