PCI (Not Express) 3-D card (best choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnographer

Solid State Member
Hey guys I have recently found out that my computer does not have any AGP or PCI-E slots on its motherboard. It is a 2.4 Ghz 1GB Ram Hewlett Packard Media center with an integrated graphics chipset- This Chipset SUCKS BALLS and can not perform worth a ****/ run any game I throw at it (even starcraft :eek: = 8+ yrs old wtf!)

SO my question to all of you awseome techsters of ownage out there =

What is the best PCI graphics card I can get for the money?

I'd really like to be able to run DOD source, CS source, the game HUXLEY (coming out soon) and maybe even Battlefield 2 / 2142. I must get a PCI card, upgrading to a new motherboard with PCIe or AGP slots is not an option as it will void my warranty and I am too much of a n00b to put one in anyway.

Thanks for stopping by please give me your feedback :D I threw this on the advanced board because there seems to be more traffic here and u guys are more likely to know what's up!

-James

Well your in a pickle.

PCI VGA cards have extremely low bandwith and wont support very many games at all.

I'd bite the bullet and get a new mobo, screw the warranty.

Thank you Major and the others of you that have replies so far :)

I will look into New Egg

I have recently discovered an ASUS PCI video card called the PhysX something or other that claims to be very good. Anyone know about these new ASUS video cards?

Another I have found is the Radeon X1300 PCI graphics card for $129.99. Any thoughto n this chipset?

its not that badd... how long is that warrenty for.. and if you wanna play games my suggestion read up and build a kissarse gamming rigg! :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom