killed windows with oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you should be happy with a 20 Mhz Overclock given the circumstances. Besides, even if you had a great Mobo, great RAM, Great cooling and a Great power supply overclocking is still a slow process.

You have to go slowly, raise it about 2 Mhz, run OCCT or Prime 95 for 8+ hours, then normal usage for 2-3 days then more OC. You can't just rise it 10 Mhz it needs burn in time. In a way the components need to adapt to the new speed. Take it slow and be cautious.

If you rly rly rly want the Biggest OC possible you need to get an aftermarket HS and some AS5, or even water cooling or phase change.

You also need a Good overclocking motherboard and OCinG ram.
buying RAM @ like DDR 500 or even higher is standard practice for high overclocks because when the RAM is already set to run at higher speeds your not stressing it as much by overclocking.

not To mention a Rly good Stable beast of a power supply.

Let me give you an example, My proc idles at around 32C (w/o F@H).
With this overclock each time I raised it 2 Mhz from 2.40 ghz I had to test the stability by running OCCT's torture test for more then 8 hours while Folding @ home was also going. After that I did normal computer usage for about two days, I decided that OC was stable, I then repeated the process until it was not stable. At this time I entered the CMOS loosened the RAM timming a Bit and added one incriment of Vcore, I then retested. Stability followed. The process Repeats.
My case has a total of Two 120MM sunons @ 80 CFM and three 80MM fans @ 35 CFM. I have 2 small fans on my RAM, and a Pure copper HS with AS5 and a tornado On my CPU.
My Load temps @ this OC is 42C.
My power supply rails stay within the 5% +/- tolerence level during Load. So you see Overclocking is a very slow and meticulous process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom