I've come to understandings that ASUS BLOWS now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
THeir hardware itself is awesome.. But their DRIVER issues, lack of ANY support is Far below bad.. I think i'd rather have bought a used car at "chuck's slick deals" than this damned p5b deluxe...
The sound driver has huge issues I had to just disable onboard sound and Install another sound card.. thus wasting a vital PCI slot.
.. and the Jmicron controller driver causes my DVD_roms to show as SCSI CD-ROms and not function....

Funny, I have never had a problem with an Asus driver. Nor, have I heard of any complaints from a buddy of mine that only uses Asus motherboards in builds that he sells.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion:confused:

yes i have had many problems with drivers and jumpers on asus motherboards. however, once i finally got it to work i never had any more problems.

The amazing part is how you have to hunt around their site to download drivers - both to find them and then sometimes to download them at more than dial up speeds. It is maddening.
How in this day you can have such slow uploads at their end is a mystery to me.
The North American site ( at my last encounter) was terrible.
Somehow hunting around I found the drivers at the Japanese site with some translation help.
Good products but poor support.
Drvierguide seems to be limiting their support to a certain amount of downloads. Guess I will have to set up an account at another email !! A very good service that finds most drivers on a scan is www.drivershq.com . Only for current drivers . Otherwise driverguide is one of the sources .

Asus support may pretty bad .
However I cannot complain. Upgrading to their board from a via chipset board has improved performance greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom