New Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapY

Solid State Member
So this is what i think i will be buying within the next couple weeks.

+ABIT KN9 Socket AM2
+AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
+eVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3
+OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
+Creative SB 7.1 Audigy 4 SE
+Acer AL1916Fbd Black 19" 2ms (GTG) LCD Monitor
+Thermaltake Purepower W0129RU ATX12V 600W
+Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA [Two Raid-1]

Give me all your thoughts good or bad.... i need to know if this will rock or not.... i have been out of the computer hardware loop for a while.

NOOOOOO

for the price you could buy a core 2 that would slay that easily.

i hate the am2 5000+ probably the biggest rip off ive seen in a long *** time.

and why raid 1 why not do a raid 0 since your oging to be gaming?

i dont like intel... and the raid if to back up my photos and mp3s and such

Sometimes it's not about the specs though. I'd rather throw my money at AMD over intel anyday, Intel makes processors that go into almost ever kind of premade office computer out there, that's not a company I want making my processor. I think your rig looks fine, And you should have some awesome sound coming out of that thing too.

actually dell has started shipping their computers with amd processors.

and thats a retarded statement "i dont like intel so im not going to get a much better processor for almost the same price"

M733mhz said:
Sometimes it's not about the specs though. I'd rather throw my money at AMD over intel anyday, Intel makes processors that go into almost ever kind of premade office computer out there, that's not a company I want making my processor. I think your rig looks fine, And you should have some awesome sound coming out of that thing too.

so you'd rather buy an fx62... than an e6600 or intel core 2 extreme????? it beats it in EVERY single test there is out there except memory bandwidth use or something like that...

M733mhz said:

my thoughts exactly but lets not get into a company war lol lets keep this about this setup lol

uhhhh i see where this crap is going ..... i am deleting the thread if you dont have input to the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom