need VBS to connect pst to outlook2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
i'm looking for a vbscript to connect pst files to a user's outlook 2003. does anyone have it?

Hey Selina, you never email me anymore!!!
Anyways...

What exactly are you trying to do? Can you explain a little to me?

Thanks!

hi, warez
thanks for your response as always. when i'm lost, you usually save me...

i needed to fix a user's pst file (outlook 2k3) which is over 3gb. i chapped up the pst file with the problem into smaller pieces (multil pst files now) and now i want to connect them to his profile in his outlook on his PC. while it's as easy as logging into his PC using his account, i'm looking for a lazier, no smarter way, vbscript.

in outlook 2003, we can modify the pst file setting for a profile, right? can we do it with vbscript?

I need some info here

How did you split the archive up?
Is it corupt?
Did you use the truncate utility for .pst files?
Do you receive an error message when attaching it to the users email?

ah, ok.
well, i said split it up but all i did was to run archive.

the pst file was corrupt. this may be the source of problem but it's beyong my power in this company to change this setting right now.

all email are delivered to pst file, they are not kept in mailbox in exchange server. and this pst file is kept in another server to which user has mapped. so each time a user opens outlook, it retreives the pst file from the server. i've heard that it makes it much more stable if we keep the pst file local. but as i said, i don't have authority to change that here.

so, to archive the corrupt pst file, i created another pst file and imported from the currpt pst file. and it worked. then, i ran archive.

with the corrupt pst file (before importing), it froze outlook when i tried to attach it to outlook.

i've used this before.
i didn't run it this time cuz i couldn't lose 1gb of emails.

and thanks for cursing on my solutions!! :p

so.... vbs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom