Dotted lines with new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmull

Solid State Member
Hi, I just got an ATI mobilty radeon 9000 IGP, and whenever I play a game, the game's graphics are great, however, I have dotted lines running down the screen. It happens with all the games I play, and only happens in game. Any ideas?

2.8 GHz P5
512 MB ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP 128 MB

Jmull said:
Hi, I just got an ATI mobilty radeon 9000 IGP, and whenever I play a game, the game's graphics are great, however, I have dotted lines running down the screen. It happens with all the games I play, and only happens in game. Any ideas?

2.8 GHz P5
512 MB ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP 128 MB

It is probably either a driver problem, or simply the card isnt powerful enough to run the game you are playing...

what game is it you are playing?

and also, try downloading the latest drivers directly from www.ati.com and see if that helps you.

Good luck!

Well, so far, ive tried Madden 2003, Operation Flashpoint, and Deus Ex 2. But, if the card isnt powerful enough, wouldent that mean some sort of dropoff in speed and graphics. All three games run and look great, other than the dotted lines.

Does anyone know where I can find newer drivers fr my card? I checked the ATI website, and it directed me to my computer manufacturers website, which didnt have the drivers for my model computer.

Theres your problem right there i dont think p5 exists (lol)
u could try new drivers or return the laptop

YourPrinter said:
Theres your problem right there i dont think p5 exists (lol)
u could try new drivers or return the laptop

He's working on a prototype machine. :p

Dude, why you going to some 2nd party driver site when you can get the ATI driver from their website? I found their support site with no problem. Try this linky.

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom