Windows XP black screen boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine_54

Beta member
Hi all,

Last night I had to restart my computer and when I tried to reboot into Windows Xp I got a black screen right after the initial Intel screen and before the Windows logo comes on.

I'm able to go into my bios and I changed it around to boot from floppy and cd-rom. The system recognizes both my Windows XP cd-rom and my ultimate windows boot cd but right after it says its checking for hardware it goes to a black screen once again. So i cant even reinstall windows at this point and cant use the recovery console.

I tried booting up with a windows xp floppy as well, but after selecting safe mode, last known good configuration etc, it does the same thing.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this working? I'm at school and desperately need a working computer.

Thanks

Slave the Drive in another computer, copy over all important data. ASAP. Once done we can experiment with your Drive.
Clear CMOS, put CD Rom as First Boot device, try to boot of XP disc Again. and Run a repair.

Its possible that the HD itself is dead, either Electronically or Mechanicaly. (Which btw, if it is, its doubtful youll be able to recover Data) Report back after backing up info and the other crap I said.

Ok,

I reset the cmos and tried to boot my windows xp cd but once again i got a black screen after it said checking for hardware. I didnt bother to back up my data since I only have an old laptop around here and dont care at this point.

What other options do I have?

This is extremely frustrating because it was working fine up to this point...I have been playing around with vmware alot but I doubt that has anything to do with it?

sounds like ur hard drive is kaput. ur best bet would be to do as mentioned above and slave the drive to see if it is in fact working. u can also just open the computer up to make sure all ur connections are firmly in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom