killed windows with oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
ok so i have an 3800 x2 the lowest x2 u can get but read it was a decent overclocker so i read up on overclocking alot and tried with some success but when i tried to push the limits i got to the point where my comp wouldnt post so i reset everything and tried to restart windows something in the windows registry got screwed and i had to reformat. has anyone ever heard of anything like this. i still really want to overclock but i have soooooo much stuff on my comp that took me forever to get back and i dont want to lose it again.

Happens all the time to me. If it happens frequently, just get a backup drive. Thats what I did.

This is were the importance of backing up crap comes in.
NOt only do I have an External Harddrive but I have all important data backed up to DVD's and CD's. I have lots of stuff that cannot be replaced.

Anyways some motherboards have SATA and or EIDE Locks. Whichever Connection you have, enabling this option will prevent the OC from efecting your Harddrive. Its not failsafe, Windows can still be currupted even with it enabled but it does help.
Its in the CMOS setup, refer to your manual or play around in the CMOS to find it.

You should also post how far the OC was and everything else you can tell us.

Memory Timming, temparture readings (With everest, speedfan or probes), CPU OC, muliti Number. In fact if you could do This, that would be great.

overinfobw5.png

Coughtorrenteverestcough

ok so i got everest ultimate and i think my problem might be my ram it seems the timings are pretty bad . Field Value
@ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
is this really bad

Its not a question of bad or good, its a question of stability, you will have to loosen the timming for Higher overclocks. For example,
My defualt timming were 2-3-4-5 and now they are 2.5-4-3-7. I could not give exact numbers but put each up one value, continue to play with them until its stable at 20 Mhz OC. Running memtest is also a good indication.
Decreasing the Numbers "tightens" while increasing them "Loosens"

On average you will need to loosen them for Overclocks.

well where is that in my bios i have phoenix award workstaion bios with a biostar t-force mobo in my bios i have my mem clock which goes from 100-250mhz and i have the option for 1t/2t mem timing my mem voltage form 2.6-2.9 then there is the dram config i dont know what is what i have tried to find a guide tailored to my bios with no luck if u could help me i would be grateful

Its probably under Dram configuration.
RTM= Read the manual, I suggest you do so to understand and know where everything is in your CMOS setup.

Play around you can't screw anything up unless you save it, which is usualy F10.

yah my manual is what useless is but i will try again i got it to 2.2 stable but thats not much over my 2.0 stock i would be satisfied with 2.4 but dont possess the the necessary skill. eeh maybe one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom