Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChingChong23

Baseband Member
Alright, i have a problem and im not sure wich way to handle this so i need some help thanks..

Current setup:

AMD Sempron 2400+ Socket A
Nvidia GeForce fx5500 AGP 256mb
512mb 2x256 pc3200
80gb hdd WD
and motherboard is in my sig..

Well, lately ive been getting little bits of money at a time say (100$ every 2 weeks) and ive been spending them on little things like slowly buying good things, yesterday i brought a G5 mouse, he other day i broght a nice neon case and new keyboard and nice 17inch lcd but now i wanna upgrade inside of computer

Im not sure how to go about this, beacuse i know my computer is **** im not sure to go buy another 512 ram that fits only this motherboard because soon i think im gonna wanna upgrade my whole comp and if i buy stuff for this comp now its probly all gonna go to waste because in the end ill need new motherboard wich requires new ram then new processor then new Pci-E 16x vid car..

So what to do? save for new motherboard and pack it away until i can save for a am2 processor (athlon 3800+) then buy some ram that fits the new motherboard then buy a new vid card..

also that requires saving at least 500$ to get all that at once dosnt it? because i know i cant buy 1 part and put it in my computer cause it wont match all my current other componants, please help on what i should do and if you can help on the cheapest good motherboards thanks

Also, with my current parts is there anything that can overclock what i got now just to speed up my computer for awhile until i can get my new parts (if thats wise)

You can salvage your hard drive for a new build, but you'll have to format and reinstall.

Here's what you buy:
1st paycheck: pqi POWER Series 1GB (2 x 512MB)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141218
$103.99 (you can use this in your current setup for the time being)

2nd paycheck: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103531
$96.99 (yes, it's a 939, but they are cheap and still work)

3rd paycheck: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
$104.99

4th paycheck: Either buy a cheap PCI-E card, or save toward a better one. Maybe buy a decent power supply.

5th paycheck: Buy video card and assemble your rig.

Yuck, but only buy a new one if it does not power the new components. Or has shitty rails which would be determined with a DMM.

Make sure you add a case fan or two, Better components== More heat thrown off.

No, but what do I know.

""Sarcasm Begins""
Its not like fans are the cooling system or anything, its not like components perform better when properly cooled, ITS not like current flowing through circuits throws off heat or anything.

Definitly not. Fans only exsist to make noise.
""Sarcasm End""

Bottom line it for ya, Get at least one more fan, one in one out. Minimum. And if you want to overclock at all then youll need much more and possible new HS.

ste .. wtf was that? ^^ fans deff help... flow through a circut throws off heat am i right? if not they would still be using heatsinks on cps not heatsinks fans waterpipes watercooling.. and shizz....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom