Annoying Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakhra

Solid State Member
I am using a standard dell monitor which i know for a fact is perfectly working i am using a new, never been used b4 cable to connect montor to pc, the power to the monitor is good but i am still having problems.

When i am using my computer at RADOM times the monitor turns off and the computer stays on, the computer light is still green but the monitor light in yellow/orange (not blinking). i do not think the cmputer is doing anything tho (because i was downloading a small 5mb song which would normally take 1-2 mins to download thru a download manager and after this happened and i rebooted (it always works for some time after a reboot) it had only downloaded 2.3mb). this may mean it is a computer problem as all the monitor equipment is fine (not sure about vid card tho.

Also it has never happened when i am using the computer only when it is left to dl stuff or copy files from hdd to hdd or something.

Thanks
Drakhra

Possibility, i have removed it now but i am not sure if it is, is therew any other suggestions?
Cheers TM tho
Drakhs

No, i had made sure te power settings were off, thats not it
man!
Anyting else?

yah a friend had the same problem his graphics card was acting up try to remove it use canned air on the slot its in clean the carefullly clean the connections on the card adn if its an option try another slot. and if u have an older card try to connect that to see if the problem persists or just run off ur mobos onboard graphics cause if u do either and the problem stops then we know its ur graphics card and we can go form there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom