8800 (G80) now on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Well folks, Scan.co.uk is listing the 8800 GTX and GTS as out now, but at a hefty price of around £350 for the GTS and £450 for the GTX! Yikes!

Now we just need some benchmarks, and a price drop.

yeah alot of cash isnt it, but its to be expected with a brand new card and lets not forget how powerful this thing is!

I just bought a 7950GT the other day, more than enough for me right now

My 7800GTX still packs plenty of punch.

I prefer to stay comfortably behind the bleeding edge. ;)

My 7900 is on its way out, and without another graphics card to use temporaryily whilst I RMA it, i'm in a bit of a bugger as what to do. Do I get as much life out of this 7900 whilst I can, and then buy the 8800 GTS when its needed? Or do I buy the 8800 GTS now, stick it in, RMA the 7900 and then sell it on eBay to make a bit of my cash back?!

stick with the 7900 :) its a great card and no games will be out that support directx 10 for awhile so until then the 7900 will handle anything just fine.

I plan to wait either for the R600 to see how it compares or the 2nd revisions and some nice mid-high end cards that support directx 10.

Has anyone noticed price drops on DX9 cards yet? it's gotta be coming, and i hope to capitalize.
edit: ok new egg has the GTX card on sale for $659, for the 8800 gtx. Wow thats a lot lower than other people said it was elsewhere, because the pound is more than the USD.
The specs on the GTS don't looks a whole lot better than an x1950xtx. The Memory size is 640mb, and the interface is 320 bit(these are wierd numbers, normally we see doubles of 64 ie: 128,256,512 ect.) other than that the x1900 xtx has it closely matched, and/or beat. ALthough the GTS falls into the same price range, at 500. I don't see an eVEGA GTX version, ill keep looking for that.

spartan1121 said:

The specs on the GTS don't looks a whole lot better than an x1950xtx. The Memory size is 640mb, and the interface is 320 bit(these are wierd numbers, normally we see doubles of 64 ie: 128,256,512 ect.) other than that the x1900 xtx has it closely matched, and/or beat. ALthough the GTS falls into the same price range, at 500. I don't see an eVEGA GTX version, ill keep looking for that.

8800GTS is a lot better than X1950xtx

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/977/8/page_8_benchmarks_prey/index.html

8800GTS beats X1950xtx in all tests

Well i don't feel like looking at that thread, but what i meant to say is that the x1950xtx doesn't look to far away form the GTS on paper, although im not an expert on video cards, so i may be wrong.

Meh, I've decided I'm gonna go duel core Athlon before I get a DX10 card. I'll stick with this underclocked 7900 until then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom