Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Here it is:

MSI K8NGM2-IL nVidia Geforce 6100 + nforce410
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130041

2 x 512Mb Kingston DDR400

Question is, will this motherboard be able to support an Athlon 64 3800+ Venice CPU? Because I read most people Ive seen in the reviews and forums who uses this motherboard have only 3000+ and 3200+ so far.

And we'll be using the onboard graphics as temporary...Will there be a boost in performance when I purchased a separate card like 7300GT or 7600GT? And will the performance be the same with the same setup with a mobo which is MSI K8N Neo-F ATX?

I don't know about the processor issue, I don't see why the bios wouldn't accept it. However, Yes you will see a huge improvement with a seperate graphics card, especially a higher end one. I also don't see switching the motherboards causing any noticable performance changes.

if your going use this temp and/or upgrade in the near future... personally it would make more sense to me to save your money and put together a good build in the first place. Something that can last you while depending on what you want it for and what your willing to spend. S939 is still a good system/CPU... I see no need to spend the money on something:
A) your going to upgrade soon;
B) you won't be able to get much resale;

but that's just my 2.5 cents

No this will be permanent.. This will be the 3rd PC in our house since my cousins cant interfere me when playing ^_^..

So I guess 3800+ will run fine and a medium end gfx card..memory is fine at 1Gb right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom