ATI spanks nVidia yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

oblivion

Baseband Member
Im sure all of u guys know about the raging battle between ATI and nVidia. Well, im not sure if most of u guys heard about it, but the new x800 XT basically came out of no where and has brought down the gFroce 6800 to its hands and knees. I almost pissed my pants when i first heard the new specs on the NV40 and i thought it was gonna bring a great advantage to nVidia. Then, a couple days ago, i read on Tom's Hardware (if u dont know him, u should be smacked) about the upcoming x800 XT. Here i was, considering buy the NV40...then WHAM, out of no where comes ATI's new card. Although in some cases the gforce 6800 does better then the x800, if you average the performance, price, and structure of the 2 cards, ATI is still the reigning champion of the video card world.

http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html

The GeForce 6800 performs better than the X800 Pro in most benchmarks yet they cost the same ($400). The X800 XT peforms better than the 6800 Ultra and the both cost they same ($500).

IMO, if i had a 550-600w psu, i would choose the 6800 over the X800 Pro.
Seeing how the X800 xt performs better overall, yet requires atleast a 300w psu, i would choose that over the 6800 Ultra.

Actually, neither is really the "best".

I would count them both as equal opponents, both are great cards, and have similar benchmarks.

well, ive recently heard about an upgraded version of the gforce6 that uses less power and only takes up one slot space. But im looking this through a gamers point of veiw. and for gaming, the x800 XT does better

o yea, its called X800 cause i think ati wants the name to be 4 characters. so the X=10, which is the next step after 9800

oblivion said:
well, ive recently heard about an upgraded version of the gforce6 that uses less power and only takes up one slot space. But im looking this through a gamers point of veiw. and for gaming, the x800 XT does better

o yea, its called X800 cause i think ati wants the name to be 4 characters. so the X=10, which is the next step after 9800

they could just make it 9801 and work from there :p

oblivion said:

Where exactly did you find out about the geforce6 that uses less power?

Northbridge said:
Where exactly did you find out about the geforce6 that uses less power?

from a computer nerd i know. Ill find out the source by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom