Single NVIDIA 8800 GTX Kicks X1950 XTX CrossFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be little or no affect overall. And im not a fan of either or, but... everyone is like, well, wait for R600, well, by the time we wait for R600, then Nvidia's next run of cards will be up soon if not at the same time. And let me reiterrate, im not a fan of either. And stop bashing the guy for an article meant to provide knowledge please.

well for me... its gonna be a hard battle not to buy one.. this will end the need for crossfire/SLi...... for now.... i'll probably end up being stupid.. buying the 8800.... then in january/february end up buying the r600... lol.. stupid me

so, dumb question here,
is a 7950 gx2 not basically the same thing as 2 7950's running SLI?
mr nos that xmas money burnin a hole in yer pocket already...

Quad SLI G80? Thats 1200+ watts. They just said the G80 couldn't be touched by the quad-core = CPU limitation. How would 4x get you anywhere?

I'm an owner of both kinds:
ATI - Cheaper, NOT COOL LOOKING
nVidia - Expensive, COOL LOOKING

BOTH ARE ABOUT SAME STATS

TheEnd187 said:
i will wait for G80 to qo sli or Quad SLI to buy one, but ati suxxxxxxxxx imo

yes.. and that is why dual x1950xtx's hold most of the 3dmark records... because they suck...

and back on track... this thread should actually make ati owners proud.. to me i see it saying.. hey, this 1 card is that **** good.. that it is better than the 2 best single card solutions in crossfire... to me, i'm complimented

Jumping_Bean514 said:
In what way is this a fair comparison? R6 can be compared to G80. The G80 isnt even out yet so I hope that it will be better then anything out right now, big deal.

What you are saying is not logical at all, and silly
Why it is not fair comparison ??

I think it is a 100% fair comparison because we should compare G80 with the current cards. The R600 is not out yet, and I think it is not fair to compare G80 with a card that hasn't been out yet.

And at the time R600 comes out, nvidia might release G81 (8900)

HAVOC2k5 said:
Mark my words, "The R600's will own the G80's". I'll wait...

Do you have proof that R600's will own the G80's ??
R600 is not out yet so how can you know that R600 is better ??

You are an ATI fanboy, and your post is very silly and has no purpose

dawizhacker said:
I
nVidia - Expensive, COOL LOOKING

I disagree with you.
Nvidia cards are not expensive. 7600GT and 7900GS are inexpensive and they are good performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom