Page Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

schultzy

In Runtime
Hi,
On my MSI K9n Neo Motherboard, AM2 Amd Athlon 64X2, 2X 512Mb Ram, 80gig (master) Western Disgital and 120gig Seagate
Windows Xp Pro SP2
I get an error Message... Big help lol
The computer just sits idling when suddenly a bsod pops up saying
Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area
bla bla bla... if happens again contact admin
Well IT HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES!!! :mad:
The exact same error Message
any help appreciated, This computer was built by me :)
like a month ago
Thanks in advance,
Schultzy

This error can be hard to troubleshoot, its most likely a corrupt or badly coded driver.
If you've recently updated a driver or installed a new device, try rolling back the driver or getting a new driver. Ideally you want a signed driver.
Also, if you didn't do it before you built the computer youi might want to check that all your hardware is on the Windows XP HCL, I once had a network card causing this error and it wasn't on the HCL.

I've found myself that deleting and recreating the pagefile can resolve this in some cases.

I've also seen this error as a result conflicting security software i.e. a firewall and antivirus.

gives me some things to try

BTW it cant be a conflict of software, as the same software was on another computer, with nothing

Also none of the drivers have been updated so looks like i have some upd8ing to do :) lol

page faults tend to lean more towards some errors with the page file...as for what i cant remember i took an it course and its been awhile haha...but i know it has somethin to do with the page file..if u have the space, try making it 1.5 times your ram and perminent (making min and max size the same) page faults are every time the computer has to grab something out of the page file and its not there....make it perm make it 1.5 and then defrag ur drive and see if that helps ill look in my book for more info on it

thanks, I found out it was the driver for the onboard network. cause when i went to update the network. The BSOD.

Easily fixed, I got a new router, and i plugged it into the USB disabled the network card, No trouble now :p (if ya cant fix it, **** it off eh LOL)

If anyone knows how to fix the problem though, still would like to do it,
Thanks for help,
Schultzy

It might be that the network card was conficting with another PCI device, might be worth moving any PCI device to another slot (e.g. sound card). That could resolve the conflict.

Well, actually my soundcard is on board, i have one video card in pci express slot and another network card in the other pci slot but it was doing it b4 i stuck the network card in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom