new comp or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff34

Baseband Member
right now i have a a 3500+ amd single core, 2 gig or ram, asus a8nsli delux, 6600 gt 256mb, 200 gig pata hard drive. i made this computer in december. i am thinking of geting a whole new setup but not shure if i should go and do i.

this is what i was planing on getting

e6600
asus p5b delux/wifi-ap
2 gig corsair xms 2
seagate 300 gig sata
74 gig raptor sata
my current card tell i get the g8

whold that be a good upgrade o should i just stick with mine for now? also how much of a diffference in performance whold there be?

thanks jeff

it would be all the money i have currently saved up also what do you think i could get for my current system?

Go for it... i would. The E6600 beats the 3500+ by a long way. And good thinking for waiting for the 8800GTX ;)

it's a very good upgrade... I would do the same thing if I had the money, but I would honestly wait to see what the holiday buying season is going to look like. The 88 series is going to be very expensive... and I have read rumors about a xmas pricing war between the 2 giants again... so who knows.. you might be able to score as an xmas gift to yourself. :)

or i could save a little money by getting
amd x2 4800
74 gig raptor
300 gig sata
7950gt card

whold that be a sufficient upgrade?

It wouldn't be nearly as powerful as the E6600 upgrade, but it is still an upgrade nonetheless.

i think im going to try to pull the e6600

for ram i was thinking corsair xms2 pc6400 $300

what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom