Wow i cant believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.
o lol ok ill try to oc it just looks like a really big daunting complicated task lol i kno nothing of ocing but ill try its just i dont want to hurt it i wont be able to afford a computer this good for a long long time

ok man i was totally terrified that i was going to like burn down my house.
this is the deal, no sh*t.
let's talk about cpu...
take it in small steps, i.e. 5 mhz.
when you make the changes is bios and exit, it will either boot, or not.
if it doesnt, re-start and go one 5mhz step down.
then it will probly boot.
run prime 95.
if it shows errors, either:
a. your cpu voltage is a step too low
b. YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE
just kiddin
b. your cpu is unstable at this speed.
and it will show errors QUICK if your sys is flaky, like within 10 minutes.
you have to fool with the voltage and speed to find a setting that works, and every cpu is different. i found my 4200's sweet spot at 237mhz and 1.375v. i could probably get a little more, but i am good with that right now.
there are a lot of articles on doing it, but you will be extremely lucky to find one that uses all the same components as your system.
here is the link i found really useful and as a base from which to start:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/373/1/

keep in mind this is for a 4200. but they are quite likely the same. good place to start, anyway.
my point is, you aint gonna fry your system if you do some reading and remember...baby steps.

with a rig like that there are three problems i would look at for a start (as always there are infinite numbers of possibilities):

1. power issues, 420w seems no where near enough to power that and a video card is generally the first to take a hit on performance as it only reaches for more power when under stress. only to find that more power isn't available

2. heat, heat can always cause lag due to throttling

3. software, bad drivers, virii, malware, adware, corruption and all those goodies.

also are you entirely certain it is lag? i didn't have time to read all three pages. are you familiar with the "stuttering" issue with dual core processors?

Also: Dust.

Many a-time have I had a machine slow down to a crawl due to the dust devils. A good 'ole can of holy compressed air took care of that problem.

well look for did you see my post that had my youtube video on it? heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4xUJ9bCmUk
this demonstrates the lag around 43 seconds in its the worst and ya ima get a better psu asap i can get it within days a 630 watt or so im going to try to get that raidmax
and kblair i have like no dust this computer is only like 2 months old max

and also i dont have a heat issue or virus malware and all that other stuff because i reformatted a few days ago and have been scanning nonstop

its kinda scaring me man i spend lots of cash and am hoping to get a top of the line computer and it cant even play some old games like rome:total war on max i dont think i'll even be able to live thru the next gen games lol i mean it took me like so much begging of all my relitives to get the cash for this thing lol money doesnt grow on trees im going to ask a professional technician to take a look if i cant get this problem resolved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom