Wow i cant believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.
you heard of the coolbits.reg file? its a simple tool that lets u oc thru the nvidia control panel. careful tho, those temps are up there, might wanna back some of your came settings down, and if worst comes to worst, open the case, and point a big fan at it.

(had my temp alarm go off at like 65c on my old rig...too bad, 60c was all it could take, by the time i got the fan up and the case open it was already bsod ing and fried the cpu, which fried the mobo, causing the psu to **** up, and melt a wire on a fan, and drop it on my old 7300gs, tho the rma was tight, got the card, but the rest is in the trash...)

so just google nvidia coolbits.reg and get it. it has memory and gpu ocing capabilities

is it stable..?my vid cards at like 60 degrees all the time but thats within normal parameters cause its meter is still green

with a beast of a card like that i dont see how u would need to OC at all. especially with those temps. OCing gpu's raise the temps much more quickly than cpus and with much less of a performance difference

cwiz said:
dude, i would reformat... i got a weaker rig than you and i run bf2 on highest settings and res w/o any frame dropping, really smooth.

i would reformat... download all the latest drivers for your stuff... thats what i do when i notice any performance decrease. works like a charm

ahhh the good ol' reformat club... wonderful times those were :p

dude keyser, my vc runs at like 48c all the time...but then again my case friggin kicks butt and has air flow out the arse...i had a little (and i mean A LITTLE) shakiness during games at stock speed with my card. i got the coolbits (listen...MOST of these people know what they are talking about) download, it opened up the oc area in the nvidia control panel, which you access through your desktop properties (this is all explained in my link) go to "3dsettings", then "change oc config."
then just use 5 mhz increments and TEST (or your wasting your time). i got mine (7900gt) to go to 800mhz on the memory clock, and 595mhz on the 3d clock. (a good way to know where to start is to use the "optimum" button and go from there.) which is quite an improvement, and you should not have ANY problems running the most recent games. this is the link that i used:

http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/tip02.html

but i agree with everyone here...if you are having problems not running games with your stock rig (and i stress once again, your rig SHOULD run these games no problemo), overclocking is not going to help...most likely it will make things worse.
crash and burn.
keep in mind i am no expert, but i know how my system works...and yours should be running at least as well as mine...

p.s.
you also have a temp sensor in the nvidia c.p. that will let you go up to like an hour of temp monitoring.
so, open it up, start a game....go to an intense, chaotic part, play it over and over for 45 minutes or so, then exit game and check the temp log.
i do not know the specs on the gx2, but that biotch seems to be cookin.

ya thx man ill take a look at that raidmax psu and i wont oc unless theres no other alternative and ill check the temp log thx guys

But i wont oc for sure till i got a better psu lol

o and another question i have about ocing y dont they come all factory oc'd in the first place if oc'ing is so good? i kno some do but y not all? is it because oc'ing is not 100% stable all the time?

i think really it is because of the heat issue.

i.e. you can't be bangin out an oc'd card in some crappy hp case with one little fan pokin' out the back.
but oc is not stable all the time. until you have it stabilized. test test test. i'm running prime 95 right now...just to be sure.
when you get the settings right dude your 4800 WILL smoke. not literally, haha...
but i say that 'cos i have a 4200, w/ half your L2, and it absolutely cooks...on games, benchmarks, stress tests, whatever.
and i have a 500w coolmax psu. 500 probably not enough for that gx2, tho.

cvb724 said:
ahhh the good ol' reformat club... wonderful times those were :p
Hehe. :p

I hope Windows Vista puts an end to the "reformat club," reformatting is quite annoying. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom