Not open for further replies.

JLS

Beta member
Hey all,

I'm putting together a new (semi-temporary)system consisting of:

E6300
1GB pc2-6400(800MHz)
ATI x1600xt

I'll be upgrading this system next year if the new CPUs end up leaving this rig in the dust and DX10 becomes a necessity(hence the cheap video card). I'm not running Crossfire or SLI.

All of the parts have been purchased except for the motherboard. Info on the web is all over the place, right now -- especially concerning the Intel chipsets. I'm not even sure which chipsets are better for which CPU, let alone which makes/models to consider. 975x, P965...

Also, I won't be purchasing a sound card so I would like to find a mobo with good onboard audio.

I really need some help, here. Any information about the various chipsets would be great and any recommendations on specific boards would be greatly appreciated.

:cool:

do u plan on overclocking at all? there are some major differences in price if u plan on OCing or not. i can give u some sound advice once that question has been answered

Lower cost is more important right now than overclocking, though I would like the option to tweak things a bit if I can get that in a lower cost board.

I'm basically looking in the price range of <$150

KBlair said:
As always, the Gigabyte DS3.

I would suggest the Intel DP965LT, but it only has 5.1 audio, and has virtually no overclocking ability.

Is there a performance difference between the DS3 and the S3 that warrants the large difference in price? According to newegg, the only difference is the "All Solid Capacitor" design...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom