my serial number is lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordief

Baseband Member
I have Easy CD creator (roxio) .It is version 5.3.5.10 (Platinum I think)installed on my PC and it works well enough,I suppose.
But since my hard drive has all but packed up.I have put in a new hard drive .Now I cannot install the program as the CD cover is not to be found.I have hunted down 3 or 4 different serials and they won't work .Is there a way I can find the serial that I used originally?Is it buried in the registry or encrypted somewhere on my hard drive?
Oh by the way should I invest in a brand bew hard drive .The new one is only canabalised but the computer works better than it ever has.It is just a 4Gig hard drive and I doubt they still make them.Should I buy a new one that is as close to that size as possible or just leave things as they are?

got xp? burning is built into the OS. you can burn music cds with windows media player.

no additional configuration, to the OS, should be necessary to install a larger HD

thanks for the answer.No unfortunately I am stuck with ME asI only have 300Mhz Pentium2.Yes I will buy a new computer soon but I thought I would keep this one and hopefully find a use for it.

Glad to hear that I am not limited to a particular hd size.So do you suppose it would be worth buying a new one ?Would that speed up the computer or make it more reliable.I seem to have noticed that CD burners got quicker year after year.Does that apply equally to Hard Drives?

that version of roxio had issues with xp. that might be what jacked your hard drive.

My machine is too slow for to run XP (300Mhz Pentium2.).I am running ME.I want to keep it as a spare computer but don't want to spend money on a new CD burner unless I can pick one up dirt cheap.Is it not possible to download a driver that would work with my burner that wouldn't need to be Roxio?It is a TEAC-CD-W54E.Anything basic would do as it is just for backups.

That's good news.Ido have the 256Ram but I thouht my processor was too slow at 300Mhz.It would seem to solve the problem though if it was possible.

It's definately possible. Will run fine if you disable some eye candy and keep your system clean. Don't run 30 background apps.
I used XP for about 2 years on the machine in my signature. It's still running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom