Single NVIDIA 8800 GTX Kicks X1950 XTX CrossFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, fanboys on both sides clashing. Im buying neither card so i don't really care :D but i may look into buying one of the better DX9 cards when prices drop from your blessed G80

I'm sorry but where does it say "G80 to stand up against R600?" The title is purely a factual statement. The comparison gives enthusiasts an idea of how well the card performs. It doesn't say anywere that nvidia is better than ati as companies.

Then why don't you find a comparison between the G80 and the 7950Gx2? because it's a company thing to see who has the better card. Thats what the article was about, and that was the intent behind this thread.

wow the guy just posted a couple of articles and everyone jumps him? geez whats the point of a forum then? the only guy with some sense in this discussion is benny! it is simply a comparison. so that everyone has something to gauge how powerful the 8800's really are going to be. thats it! no one is trying to bash anyone here!

ATI and NVidia are always flip flopping the lead. You can't say one is better than the other. Once the R600 comes out, Nvidia will release the 8900 series with a much a higher clock speed due to a die shrink. Then ATI will do the same type of thing.

Update #1 : No affect on launch date as yet
Update #2 : NVIDIA will handle the necessary hardware changes (changing of resistors)
Update #3 : Only some 8800GTX cards are affected due to wrong resistor value by a contract manufacturer but to be safe, all the card makers are recalling their cards
Update #4 : For those cards that are already shipped out, card makers will send the correct resistors to the distributors and they will be handling the soldering work themselves. There should be no delay or minor delay in the sale of the 8800GTX cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom