7900 GTO/ OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
I am using 'coolbits' to increase the speed of my 7900 GTO. I got the core clock freq from 650 to 700 and the mem clock from 680 to 710. Any higher then that and it is unstable. If i go into BOIOS and increase volts to the PCI-E will this allow me to increas the speed even more?

Thanks

That will increase the voltage for the whole PCI-e bus, not just the core like you want.

You have to voltmod it if you want more core voltage. There are tons of guides out there, google it.

So it looks like I need to know how to saughter? (SP) If that the case im fine with my small OC, it got me 900 more points in 3dmark06 to bring me to 7001 so I guess im good with that. ok thanks

naerskine said:
So it looks like I need to know how to saughter? (SP) If that the case im fine with my small OC, it got me 900 more points in 3dmark06 to bring me to 7001 so I guess im good with that. ok thanks

Solder* :D

E6600 @2864mhz
eVGA 7900 GTO (small oc )
g/Skills 2 gigs
Gigabyte something mobo
lots of fans/ Zlaman 9500h/s

uhh, thats it I think I am totally new to the computer building thing, its pretty fun. I just got back from my third deployment to Iraq and decided I wanted to build a PC....Fun but aggrevating aswell when it comes to OCing stuff.

naerskine said:
E6600 @2864mhz
eVGA 7900 GTO (small oc )
g/Skills 2 gigs
Gigabyte something mobo
lots of fans/ Zlaman 9500h/f

Are you serious?

I got 7.2K with an Opteron 175 @ 2.5, and 7900 GT with 256 MB of ram at 680/87x

I'l go look in the 3Dmark06 thread for it and post it here.

Wow I beat a conroe and a better graphics card.

:D

found it.

3dmark060dz.png

Can be found on Page 15 of the 3DMark06 thread.

woot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom