outlook doesn't receive or send

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcoh

Solid State Member
I have windows xp with the 2002 outlook. I have 3 email accounts all through register.com. One of the accounts is not loading on to outlook the other two are working fine. I've checked all the settings many times they're correct. When I open the account it indicates it is in send and receive mode it will read 25% 50% or other but it will never complete to 100% and it won't pick up the email that I get on the web (for the same account). Trying to send, the same thing happens. It's been going on for three weeks. In that time only on two occasions did I receive mail on outlook for that account. On those occasions I received all the back emails for the previous period. Now I'm only using the web to receive email for that account.
Any suggestions?

Well, the problem isn't Outlook. That we can keep out of the way....
Perhaps, you are attempting to log into your account with your full email address instead of just the username? I would, delete the account, see how the others are setup and then try and create it again. Perhaps you can also throw us a post of the actual error that Outlook is giving you as well?

-Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike.
I did a "test account settings" in outlook and got a message
"unable to logon to outgoing mail server (smpt). Please verify your smtp server and if your server requires authentication"

elcoh

also if that did not work make sure your ISP does not block third party SMTP. If so find out what there outgoing servers are and use them.

outlook doesn't receive

It appears to be fixed. I deleted the user name and retyped the exact same user name reentered the password and it works.
Thanks Mike

Elcoh

elcoh i had the same problem trying to fix a computer from one of our clients. the source of the problem is coming from outlook XP 2002. i tested with outlook express with the exact same settings and it was able to find the mail server. even if you export your mail settings to outlook XP it will not work. there is a big flaw that lies within office XP. hopefully there is a patch or fix on the microsoft website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom