Editing Pagefile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hey, i have a question, i need to get my dark messiah working correctly.. and it seems i have to change my pagefile...

how do i do so?

Right-click "My Computer", go to "Properties", go to the "Advanced" tab, then go to "Settings" under the 'Performance' block, then go to "Advanced", then click the "Change" button in the 'Virtual Memory' block.

what would editing your page file do for a vid game? as far as editing you mean increasing it? most video games wont even put data in the page file.

well dark messiah does, all the textures are preloading and can use up to 600mb, and my card is only 256.. thus needing to page file...

check out the dark messiah forums.. they're suggesting everyone puts their pagefile up to 8000mb's or something like that....

this is probably the buggiest game i've ever played in my life...

it runs off of steam... and everything is just so shittily made... that they're asking me to play on low.... with a 200 dollar graphics card.. just rediculous.. its freakin stupid... and to solve everyones problems.. they're just saying.. just wait for the patch!

Ummm...

I don't believe increasing your pagefile will affect your videocard memory in a positive way. Though, I may be wrong....

well talk to the ubisoft crew... not me... lol, i think they're a bunch of morons that don't help people... i'll link you to the forums myself...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/808101043/m/8001033105?r=8001033105

thats my topic up there with my error... and the ubi people just send me some stupid links to more links.. to more links.. and its retarded...

i had another topic that went unanswered there as well

btw, thanks for helping me with the pagefile

I'm surprised.

Usually Ubisoft is very top notch in their games, or atleast I thought so.

i don't feel like playing right now.. but i'll see if this works... thanks again...

and yes, i also thought a huge company like ubisoft would be top notch with these things

but i guess thats what happens when you have millions of nerds complaining that the game isnt out yet... lol, you get a beta launch

yea if they tell u to increase it to 800mb thats not good specially if you have more then 512ram xp requires 1.5 times the ram for a good pagefile size just incase it needs to do a mem dump, if you set it as a perminent size make sure its a least 1.5 times ur ram or ur screwed if u get a bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom