Just overclocked my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
That's right. Took a 400 mhz FSB Pentium M and pinmodded it forcing it to 533 fsb. It went from 1.8 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz.

Before the pinmod, I was running a 1.73 Ghz Pentium M:

superpi1.jpg

Now, took the 1.8 Pentium M and OC'd to 2.4.

superpi2-2.jpg

Not bad, huh?

This is a Dell Inspiron 9300, by the way. Now this thing is faster than my desktop.

EDIT: I meant to put this in the overclocking section, but oh well.

sprtnbsblplya said:
Wow... you should post directions. My old Inspiron 600m is out of warranty, so I should give that a shot.
Your northbridge has to be able to support 533 mhz FSB. I don't know if yours would or not.

i think i call fake....

i dont think the model number and the stepping changes when you overclock?

did your pinmod also change the vcore?

EDIT: also, both shots show a 533MHz FSB chip, and it is only the multiplyer that has changed.

also, looking at the table halfway down this page:
http://laptoplogic.com/resources/detail.php?id=35&page=2
it seems that the 740 cannot be modded?

hmm?

EDIT EDIT: i may be wrong though... i looked at some guides, and it definatly seems doable. i dont see why you would fake it really, i am just confused about the cpu-z info.

molsen said:
but is it stable? i don't see prime95 running in those screenies...
As a matter of a fact, I just got done running prime95 for about 9 hours and it's stable. I don't know why it says 9943 hours. :confused:

I'm pretty proud that I got it prime stable and I only had to up the voltage from 1.340 to 1.388 via another pinmod. Some guys need up to 1.420v or more just to get it stable at 2.4 GHz. One guy on Notebookforums didn't need any voltage at all for his 2.4.

prime95.jpg

joshd said:
i think i call fake....

i dont think the model number and the stepping changes when you overclock?

did your pinmod also change the vcore?

EDIT: also, both shots show a 533MHz FSB chip, and it is only the multiplyer that has changed.

also, looking at the table halfway down this page:
http://laptoplogic.com/resources/detail.php?id=35&page=2
it seems that the 740 cannot be modded?

hmm?

EDIT EDIT: i may be wrong though... i looked at some guides, and it definatly seems doable. i dont see why you would fake it really, i am just confused about the cpu-z info.
I think you're confused. The screenshot of the 740 in the first one, is my original CPU. It had 533 FSB originally. I got a 745 (400 FSB 1.8 GHz) pinmodded it and now it's 533 FSB and 2.4 GHz.

Look on www.notebookforums.com under the Dell 17" screen section and you should find a sticky about the pinmod. People have been doing it for over a year now.

OpticalIllusion said:

I think you're confused. The screenshot of the 740 in the first one, is my original CPU. It had 533 FSB originally. I got a 745 (400 FSB 1.8 GHz) pinmodded it and now it's 533 FSB and 2.4 GHz.

ah! i see! it is two different CPUs! i get it now... sorry.

Thanks to whoever moved my thread to the proper section. :)

superdave, my idle temps right now are about 33° - 35°. Under a load temps are about 51°. That's with the fans only running on low.

Before the volt mod, my idle temps were about 32° and load temps were about 46°.

But, I use Notebook Hardware Control so that when I'm on battery, it takes it down to 800 MHz and .700v so temps are really low when on battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom