I need some quick help

Status
Not open for further replies.
crossing these fingers of mine, damnit, wheres my lucky rabbits foot, horseshoe, and 4 leaf clover when I need it.

its problaly the PSU does it have Over voltage protection? ,and all that stuff like the x-connects? because those were crap. that happened to me once and it was my PSU

If I try to just run the mobo on the PSU will I be able to tell if its the PSU's problem? I'm trying to troubleshoot it lol.

But thanks for the extra input, the PUS"s an OCZ gamexStream 600 watt, had someone suggest that one to me.

edit: checked the psu and it does have over voltage protection, I'm still gonna try to troubleshoot a little before I pronounce the board dead.

Anything else that could be screwing me?

UPDATE:

I asssembled everything out of chassis on my table, on top of the asus board and anti static bag.

I hooked up the hard drive, gpu, and psu.

Used a pen to start it, and it would run for a second, again, run for a second, and on the third try it held. But when i took the pen away the circuit broke of course, and so it stopped.

Now I can't get it to hold anymore, any suggestions?

Anyone know what this means? Like whats the problem?

I need some quick help, thanks!

UPDATE 2:

Okay, so I got it to hold again, this time I put the pen in between the power switch pins, and had 'em spark up a little, but this caused it to hold.

Anyone wanna figure out what this means? lol AND yes, this might be spam, but I need attention lol.

I think that the problem is either the Power SW Pins on the board, or the power switch connector from the case

Apevia Aspire (with the fan/volume/tempreature gauges).

Anyone had problems with this case before? And know where I could get a new power switch thing if thats the problem.
I know of two computer repair places around me, that I might go to later today to get some consulting if I cant get it to run in the case.

I'm gonna try to assemble it in the case and then see if it works, if it does I"m gonna continue with the installation of Win XP and the such.

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully this will work for me.

Ugh, I can't get the board to run anymore.

Only worked twice for me, and now nothing.

Anyone with any ideas on what this could be?

I am dumb as a freaking doorknob.

I fixed my problems/issues with a hammer...of .. asus forums. GEEZ.

Can you believe I didn't hook up a 4 pin connector, great, I'll never rush a build again.

Hopefully this is the final fix to my problems, Its great to have a forum where I can bounce ideas off of haha.

Later dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom