How long will DX9 last me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BennyV04988 said:
fol82560.gif

Oh really? :cool:

Thats untrue, because I saw a benchmark in another website, and Quad SLI was getting much higher frame rates that the one you posted.

And also two ATi X1900xtx in crossfire should be much better than two 7900GTX in SLI.

So, that is a fake benchmark

the lynch pin to how long hardware will last is how long software develops can be bothered doing things the right way!!!

GRAW, Oblivion sometimes, Call of Juarez, Brothers In Arms, etc all look crappy yet I get like 30-45 fps in them. GRAW especially though looks hidious and runs choppy.

Half-Life 2 always looks AMAZING with PERFECT lighting yet runs at like 130 fps. Why don't they make more games this efficient?

that about sums up my sentiment. my 6600GT will play HL2 at max graphical settings, with AA and AF at 1600x1200 with pretty great frame rates. it looks awesome. i have to play GRAW at ABSOLUTE minimum and still get poor performance. upgrade? god no. i'm not paying for their screw ups :D. it would be great if everyone thought likewise because then they might clean up their game

What would you guys gestimate the average price drops to be when DX10 comes out. Im really looking to capatalize on a good price drop. What are some pretty good cards that might fall into the 150-200 price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom