200gigs on XP????

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesgroovin said:
Not on ebay.....
In fact there are many places that I can purchase XP w/o SP1

Yeah, because there is still some stock stuck in the channel.
Ingram Micro Australia still has some Win Xp with out SP1.

But then again.... Australia IS the rest of the worlds dumping ground for IT gear.

NOW HERE IS MY 2 QUESTION......

I am covered with work's MOLP program on my home computer. The boss has kindly given me the media too. (So i don't have to bug him the next time I need to format)
The media is a Win Xp with out SP1a.
SP1a I normally need install after I have all the other updates in place.
Now I am planning on getting some 2x 200 Gb Hard drives by years end for an IDE RAID.
These drives are going to be just there for storage. My OS is just going to be on my Seagate 40Gb.

QUESTION 1.
Now With my current Win XP Pro SP1a set up, can I just plug the drives in and the partition and format to the full 200 Gb?

QUESTION 2.
What to I need watch out for when I am installing my Win Xp Pro on my computer again. After all, I don't SP1a as part of the media.

Silesia said:
These drives are going to be just there for storage. My OS is just going to be on my Seagate 40Gb.

QUESTION 1.
Now With my current Win XP Pro SP1a set up, can I just plug the drives in and the partition and format to the full 200 Gb?

QUESTION 2.
What to I need watch out for when I am installing my Win Xp Pro on my computer again. After all, I don't SP1a as part of the media.

Silesia I can see your concern but there is good news here.

Before you proceed.. make sure you download SP1 here .

Once you have SP1 Available, go ahead and apply it to your OS on the Seagate 40GB HDD.

Once that drive is up to date, it will recognize the 200 GB hard drive array as a secondary drive automatically.

Install the drives AFTER you update your with SP1.

Also, like ekÆsine said, if you slipstream the SP you can create a install disk with SP1 already in it. Are you familiar with slipstreaming? It debuted with Win2k.

Let us know how it goes.

When i first made a slipstreamed Xp cd .. i got all the info from this link

It's a very well documented with screenshot's n' the works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom