Insufficient CPU speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
So I buy WoW today, and start to install it, when it tells me that my CPU speed is insufficient. The recommended specs call for 1.5ghz, and uh yeah, I have an AMD X2 3800+ so I know I more than meet the requirements. I also get this message on H-L2: Lost Coast. It tells me my cpu speed is only 2 ghz, and it needs 2.2+. I'm assuming the HL2 error is just due to it not realizing I have dual core..? I'm not sure why WoW would tell me this though.. ideas?

Well 2 is less than 2.2.. dual core or single core...its not 2.2. As for WoW, I have no idea. Does it let you play at all?

i've never gotten that message on my 3800x2 when playing any hl game.. thats just odd... have you installed any dual core optimizers or anything from amd's website?

do you have cool and quiet on... that seems to downclock cpu's you could try turning that off

As for WoW, it might not have a lot of support for dual cores and is having a problem recognizing your CPU. Right-click My Computer and select properties from the drop down menu. Have a look there to make sure that your CPU is running at the appropriate speed (1.8GHz).

As for HL2, most games that are short of brand new don't utilize dual core CPUs. This means that HL2 will run about as good on your computer as it would on a single core variant of the same clock speed (3000+).

anyone think cool and quiet might be on and malfunctioning? go into your bios and make sure it is turned off. while you are in there you might as well bump up your fsb to 200mhz (you'll be running at 2.0ghz)

It installed fine. I would have replied sooner, but I've been immersed in the wonderful World of Warcraft :) Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom