How long will DX9 last me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just sli it too! Screw dx10 lol. It will look fine. What with crappy looking games being so hard to render too?

GRAW, Oblivion sometimes, Call of Juarez, Brothers In Arms, etc all look crappy yet I get like 30-45 fps in them. GRAW especially though looks hidious and runs choppy.

Half-Life 2 always looks AMAZING with PERFECT lighting yet runs at like 130 fps. Why don't they make more games this efficient?

BennyV04988 said:
just sli it too! Screw dx10 lol. It will look fine. What with crappy looking games being so hard to render too?

GRAW, Oblivion sometimes, Call of Juarez, Brothers In Arms, etc all look crappy yet I get like 30-45 fps in them. GRAW especially though looks hidious and runs choppy.

Half-Life 2 always looks AMAZING with PERFECT lighting yet runs at like 130 fps. Why don't they make more games this efficient?

Because the game developers (specifically the ones who wrote the engine) suck at writing software. F.E.A.R. is another example.

HL2 and Doom 3 were written by people who know WTF they are doing, that's why they run so much faster than crappy games like GRAW, where clearly they just want to make money. ID and Valve are more about making a good game. Same with Epic and 3DRealms.

i unno i get wel lover 100 fps in fear and it actually looks good maxed yes i agree that graw isnt very preaty but i play it and i get 60 fps solid with everything maxed

Amd gt player said:
I don't know ... I get well over 100 frames per second in F.E.A.R. and it actually looks good on max settings. Yes, I agree that G.R.A.W. isn't very pretty, but I play it and I get 60 frames per second solid, with everything maxed.

What resolution are we talking here? Because an FX5200 will play F.E.A.R. maxed out at 320x240, but there is no way you are playing F.E.A.R. getting over 100 frames per second on max settings at any resolution over 800x600. I have a 7900GT overclocked to 675/825 and I barely push 45 frames per second at 1680x1050, and that's not even touching anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering.

My frames are a bit all over in FEAR. Sometimes my nvidia software messes up my framerates. I get avg of 66 2xAA no SS 1280x1024. But its nice to see someone agrees that HL2 looks amazing and graw looks blah... They are certainly written differently.

im getting 80+ frames on ROL at max settings AA and evrything, and Oblivion on XHD at 60+ fps

fol82560.gif

Oh really? :cool:

lol nice try bud. there is absolutely no setup available today that can handle full graphics on oblivion. just like benny proved. oblivion is too insane to run full. especially at 60fps!!! MAYBE the 8800gtx will be able to handle full everything with a playable framerate (i would guess 25-30 fps) but thats it.

The General said:
Because the game developers (specifically the ones who wrote the engine) suck at writing software. F.E.A.R. is another example.
How in the world could you forget Oblivion? :p

That may be the most poorly written commercial game to date.

KBlair said:
How in the world could you forget Oblivion? :p

That may be the most poorly written commercial game to date.

Amen! I was affraid to say it though because it does look decent at times, but yes...omg crappy engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom