Problems with nVidia graphics and playing movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrghost

Solid State Member
Problems with nVidia graphics (too dark, and movie problems)

XFX geforce 7300gs (latest nVidia drivers)
Abit KN8 nForce4 Ultra AM2
AMD 64 4200+ X2
Windows XP Home

Windows Media Player, WinDVD, DivX Player, VLC Player, Media Player Classic

Whenever I try and play a movie file (wmv, mpeg, etc.) or a dvd the colors are real screwy (leaning towards maroon-reddish), with heavy contrast, and are very dark. Changing the settings on my monitor did nothing, so I right clicked on my desktop and selected "NVIDIA Control Panel" I adjusted the brightness, which at first did nothing but suddenly my screen flashed and the video was fine. So I closed it, and watched the rest of the video. When I opened a new video though, the colors were screwy again (this happens even when I leave the current media player running and open a new video from the file menu). So I right clicked on the desktop, opened up the control panel, and then suddenly the colors switched back to normal.

So, my videos are screwed up unless I open the NVIDIA Control Panel. This is rather annoying, so how do I fix this? Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and also my screen colors are pretty dark and contrasted overall, and messing with settings doesn't seem to help the problem.

Benq FP71G+

I've had it for about four months. This has never happened before.

i think he was referring to me. no, i have a dual monitor setup, i play videos on my crappy card cause it displays them right, and my games on the nvidia cause its faster. monitor makes no diff, ive tried around, itd driver or card related. it might have something to do with that custom control for the color. its weird tho, even on the windows driver its messed up. has anybody out there found a solution to this? its annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom