Games vs. Processors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortix

Solid State Member
Ive dont a bit of research but I am still puzzled maybe someome can help me out here. As for game requirements, on the bottom of the box it says 3.0 ghz required to play at recommended specs.. okay thats fine and everything but how does that equate in dual core processors. I know there is no such thing as reverse hyper threading so they cannot possibly work as a single unit with twice the processing and clock speeds. So, how will I know what is safe to upgrade with to ensure that I can still play all my favorite games?

Im planning on getting a E6600 Intel since it blows most of the AMD products on the market out of the water, so if you can please include the E6600 in your explination.

When it says 3.0Ghz, it means that a Pentium 4 @3.0Ghz or AMD equivalent is required to play. Games that were made recently don't take Core 2 Duos into consideration yet as far as what it says on the side of the box, but to answer your question, YES. A e6600 will run that game easily. It blows away all Pentiums and AMDs.

yeah if you get a Core 2 Duo don't even bother looking at the system requirements for about 5 years.

and the AMD equivilant to 3.0Ghz is the AMD 3200 basically...which should only be around $70. basically, if you get a new computer don't worry about not meeting requirements other than Oblivion and Prey and other really high level games like that.

jordo_99 said:
yeah if you get a Core 2 Duo don't even bother looking at the system requirements for about 5 years.

since 5 years ago most of us were still using the P3 i highly doubt that statement will be true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom