Question About the 8800's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0201987

Solid State Member
Question About the 8800's for my new build

I hear the 8800's will be a pretty big cards. And Since I've just found out there is a recall on the 8800GTX's im gonna go with the 8800GTS and was wondering if it would fit in this case?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1597229&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

And I've also purchased this Mobo already

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1766877&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

and was just wondering if its good enough or should i send back and get an asus or Gigabyte?

Your links are not working. Make sure when you paste them there is no ..... in the middle of the link.

I don't see any problem with putting an 8800 in that case. They are going to make the vid cards compatible with as many systems as possible.

The length of the card is what will pose any possible problems. The card will be the same height as all other gfx cards.

As long as the case has a good, open interior, it ought to fit.

EDIT: I just looked on down at the pix for it. You may want to measure to make sure. The card will have to fit under the hard drive cage... but the cooling unit is under there. There may be enough clearance, but the pix have no measurements on them.

That is a really interesting case....

too bad it comes with a power supply

Elbatrop1 said:
Your links are not working. Make sure when you paste them there is no ..... in the middle of the link.

AHHH HAAA!!!!! I CAUGHT YOU WITH A TYPO MR. GAMMAR POLICE! lol

Why is there are recall on the 8800's?

HAVOC2k5 said:
AHHH HAAA!!!!! I CAUGHT YOU WITH A TYPO MR. GAMMAR POLICE! lol

Why is there are recall on the 8800's?

I'm not sure what you are talking about:confused:

LOL: Gammar police.:p

lol - must be nice to have SMOD abilities... it's ok elbatrop, i got your back.

anyway.. back on topic...

They are recalling a batch of cards due to a BOM error - wrong resistor value. - So yeah. I answered my own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom