Sli options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Ok so i been reading on here that the dx10 games are not just going to run on dx10 they will run on dx9 also. So hearing that i would like to Sli my Xfx Geforce 7600Gt i love the performance it has now but i can just wonder what its like sli'ed. I need opinions on a Sli board, also im running a pentium d 2.66ghz should i upgrade that to something better since im going to sli? I dont really have a budget but i would like to keep it on the cheap side. Thanks

instead of getting another 7600gt i would just upgrade to a 7900t or gt0 you will get better performance then sli'd 7600s

I hate intel so I don't look at the boards available to them, but make sure you get x16 SLI, anything else will be a complete waste of your money.

fade2black2004 said:
instead of getting another 7600gt i would just upgrade to a 7900t or gt0 you will get better performance then sli'd 7600s
Ok so i will take your word for it so get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150144
and it will perform better then sli'ed 7600GTs? I still would like a new motherboard even if i just get a 7900GT so any recommendations there? I have one more question, will my Pentium D 2.66ghz be great for the newer games or should i maybe step up to core 2 duo? My budget is about $400 bucks for the card and the motherboard. Im running 1 gig of memory should i upgrade that also?

umm 1 gig is ok .. its becoming the minium for high end gaming .... for mobo vid card... i would save up and get a core2duo and such bc ... jsut bc.... :p but anyways what socket you have ?

your processor is getting a little outdated but there isnt really a game out there right ow that utilize duel cores so you should be fine for right now but i would upgrade to a duel core soon for the newer games soon to come out.

depending on the game and the speed of your ram will determine if an upgrade is appropriate or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom