Final straw

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
Ive had numerous problems with my pc recently. Most of the time it has been playing games that use more processing power than others like ... battlefield 2 compared to CS:S. CS:S works fine yet battlefield 2 causes the computer to freeze, and at this point the only thing that works is a hard restart.

But now i have problems with other programs i.e nortan anti virus 2006...this will sometimes freeze and the only thing to do is a hard restart.

So im thinking its one of the following -

- Processor (amd 64 3000+)
- Memory (PC3200 512mb X2)
- Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI)

Ive had enough with trying to find the problem and am looking at getting a new pc but does anyone have any ideas what i can do.....and btw i have run mem test with no errors.....

Your help is much appreciated guys.

have you tried cleaning out the system? or just formating it and trying a fresh install with the latest drivers and see if the problem persists.

What I do when it gets so bad that I cant stand it I start uninstalling programs one at a time.
Like Norton which is a memory hog anyway. And work your way down the list till it starts running better. But what I do also is just reinstall everything from scratch. A clean install will make things much better. And if after you do this if its still sucks its a hardware problem.

ive done numerous re-installs, had just BF2 installed with latest drivers and the problem is still there. I just want to know what piece of hardware i need to replace!

Something's overheating, then. If i had to choose something, it'd be a toss up between processor, PSU, and video card.

If your are not over clocking your system then I would say it is a 90% probability that it is a ram or a video card problem. Thoroughly test your ram with memtest and if it checks out ok than try a different video card.

He already did mem test so mem is fine, its not the video card because he said it happens while just runing norton which doesnt require video. i would say cpu going by what you said. These problems can also occur when a hard drive is going bad.

rite, so i had my mate over today with his pc. I swapped out the graphics card, processor and memory and had a brand new hiper 530watt PSU in and i still get the same problem. So im assuming its my motherboard? am i correct?

Funcanator said:
rite, so i had my mate over today with his pc. I swapped out the graphics card, processor and memory and had a brand new hiper 530watt PSU in and i still get the same problem. So im assuming its my motherboard? am i correct?

No, could be a bad sector on the hard drive. could be just heat.
try taking a house fan open the case and blow inside on high see if that helps during game play.

Download
SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2007.SP1 (10.105)

And run all test really looking at the hard drive on this one but run them all.

Do you have any yellow in the device manager?
You sure you have all the latest drivers from the hardware "manufactures" website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom