monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

moisiss

In Runtime
Hey all,

A co-worker just had his work monitor upgraded to a brand new Samsung SyncMaster 204. The monitor is hooked up through the DVI connection (coming out of a MAC G5).

So here is the issue...

The monitor keeps flashing to a black screen for a couple of seconds and then the picture comes back up. It seems to be doing this at random. We have checked all of the connections (the one in the video card and the one on the monitor) and they are all good. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

It sounds like you have it set to a resolution and frequency that it doesn't support. Does your driver cd for the monitor support Mac? I am not a mac guy so that's all I can think of, try the monitor on another computer and see if it still does it (A PC that is)

It is set at 1600x1200 which is the max./recommended resolution and the frequency is 65kHz (well within the listed 31-81kHz listed spec.) I don't think that Mac's use drivers... although I don't have as much experience with Macs so that's why I also posted this in the Apple section too... but that post got deleted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom