Motherboard For Core2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well depending on your budget and how much you wanna OC you might wanna look into the ram i'm using. I've heard people putting 2.4V into it w/o problems (though i won't risk it) and getting up to DDR2-1066 @ 4-4-4-12 timings...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231065

although it says 2.0V-2.1V it defaults to 1.8V on the board so all you have to do is fix that and set it to 400mhz manually and it works just fine.

like i said unless you've got the money and plan on OCing a decent amount you should probably get something else as this is pretty high quality and expensive...Gskill also has a good value DDR2-800 kit too that would work pretty well but just not OC like crazy like this kit would.

The General said:
I will ship you my DS3 if you give me $50.

no thanks.

And as for the voltage problem with the DS3, couldn't i just boot with 1 stick and then change the voltage? i had a similar problem with my DFI motherboard, it wouldnt boot winxp. the stock voltage on the motherboard was 2.6 and my ram is 2.8, so i changed it and now i have no problems!

OMG The voltage problem is NON-EXISTANT. I have HZ's and they worked OUT OF BOX with BOTH IN THE MOTHERBOARD.

FINE PAY SHIPPING and you can have it. I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF IT.

The General said:
OMG The voltage problem is NON-EXISTANT. I have HZ's and they worked OUT OF BOX with BOTH IN THE MOTHERBOARD.

FINE PAY SHIPPING and you can have it. I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF IT.

you can ship me a ds3!!

i'm building a 2nd computer for a friend.. and that would be awesome! and i live in cali, shiping would be like 5 bucks! hahahaha

Refer to the Buy/Sell/Trade, I just posted it in there, better post first or PM first because it will go fast. :p

Originally posted by The General
Yes, because quoting yourself makes you cool. Have fun worrying about voltage problems that won't exist when you get the hardware.

shut the **** up, the reason i quoted myself was to make you realize that i said no the first time and didn't need to say it again.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
shut the **** up, the reason i quoted myself was to make you realize that i said no the first time and didn't need to say it again.

:eek: No need to get angry, besides, I changed my offer (which is why I "said it again"). I still can't believe you wouldn't take a free Conroe board, a known good overclocker at that. Doesn't bother me, a person with an attitude like your's doesn't serve free stuff from me anyway.

Carry on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom