Motherboard For Core2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Standard System Memory - Retail

$209.99

3 Business Day Shipping $4.99
(Not available in HI, AK and PR)

In Stock

how do i hyper link it? ive never been able to do it :(

I currently use Geil value 2 gig set pc6400 800Mhz works fine and dandy, I also hear corsair XMS2 works well on the board. Best to do some research though DS3 doesn't like some types of ram.

This forum has a lot of info on it, also what to expect when installed it can be worrying when its done because it shuts off and on for awhile also the fan stops etc.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110460

baronvongogo said:
I currently use Geil value 2 gig set pc6400 800Mhz works fine and dandy, I also hear corsair XMS2 works well on the board. Best to do some research though DS3 doesn't like some types of ram.

This forum has a lot of info on it, also what to expect when installed it can be worrying when its done because it shuts off and on for awhile also the fan stops etc.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110460

its because ppl buy the high end mem that runs at 2 v but the board at stock ony accepts 1.8 v so ppl if you do buy 2v mem get a small sumthing at 1.8 or below to set the voltages at 2v for the high end mem

Theyoyokid303 said:
its because ppl buy the high end mem that runs at 2 v but the board at stock ony accepts 1.8 v so ppl if you do buy 2v mem get a small sumthing at 1.8 or below to set the voltages at 2v for the high end mem

that made no sense...

taken from the XF's link i posted :)

[Q] What is the problem with memories and DS3?
[A] Some memories require 2.0V to boot. Standard DS3 stock VDimm is 1.8V. Simply after a CMOS reset the system won’t boot... If you happened to have such mem, replace them. Or buy some shi++y lowcost mem and put it in to boot, change VDimm and replace with your modules to continue o/c.

I have a Asus P5B Deluxe for my E6300, and it all runs perfectly fine. I'm using 2x512MB Corsair XMS DDR2-800 in dual channel, no problems whatsoever.

I think the best overclocker is the DS3, if you can get past the memory issues. It's also cheaper.

Well let us know how it goes, the things that i had problems with the board or are:

1.CPU HS/F is scary to put on mainly as it feels the mobo will break.

2.it resets on first boot up a few times but apparently its normal.

3.CPU fan stops and starts to keep quiet, I found this disturbing mainly as my CPU temps rose too much to 50C+ before the fan would start again. So I just disabled it and let the fan run at max. Temps now at 28C.

4.only 1 IDE port I have 2 DVD drives so now i need a longer IDE cable as my case is huge.

5.Also I put the USB connections in wrong (bad polarity) so it shutdown and wouldn't turn back on I was worried it was shorted but after removing the USB connections it worked again my bad :eek:

The latest BIOS is F7 I currently use F6 with no problems but I'm not overclocking yet so haven't noticed any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom