Via & Ati

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hello i have a epox Via chipset mobo socket A board for a while now and i also have a Ati 9600 pro running on it. In the middle of games or watching video even editing video it will stutter then freeze, Somtimes when playing games like css it will stutter then refresh, as in pausing for about a minute or 2 then resume letting me play continuosly before freezing completely on me. I know VIA chipsets blow balls, but im trying to figure out what the **** problem is. By the way it only recongizes 768 mb of ram when i have two fully functional 512 mb sticks in it.

I dont think it could be a stick of ram messing it up because i have taken the each stick out at different times and the same problem happens. It doesnt sound like the ram is the problem.

I have heard of many accounts dealing with Ati gpus screwing up peoples systems when they run them with Via chispets too. Can this be the problem?

Thank you for any help or links.

if you have onboard graphics it could be still trying to run it even though your not using them... that could steal your ram, im not entirely sure that can happen if you have another card in though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom