Using My HD Plasma for a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7015

Solid State Member
Ok so here is the situation ... I have decided to use my HD Hitachi Plasma as my monitor for my PC as well. I hooked it up and it works pretty well but I find its Still jsut a bit blury. Mostly when reading text ...

the max resolution I have with my VIdeo card is 1280 x 1024 its a 128mb ATI card ...

My question is ...1) is there anything I can do to make the image sharper ... or to raise the resolution with my existing card

2) if I get a new video card with a higher resolution will this fix my problem

basically what are my options

the TV is a 42" widescreen if that makes a difference

hope I gave enouggh info ..thanks for the Help

Comments as to this setup are welcome (positive and negative)

CC

Does the image fill up the screen on your TV perfectly, or is it stretched or missing some areas?

What kind of cables are you using between the computer and the TV?

What is the TV resolution? What kind of connection are you using to hook the the Tv? (svideo, VGA, RCA...?)

thanks for the replys the picture fits perfectly inside the screen my TV has a input (same as a computer) as well as DVI ..I am using the "analog RGB input" the same as my LCD but this one came with the TV

Why are you using the analog input instead of the DVI? That may be your clarity issue.

dont have a DVI cable ... I'll go get one tomrrow and check to see..

its pretty good aside from small text ..doing allot of reading can put a strain on the eyes ...

do you think better resolution would help because the screen is soo big ?

Let me check with my 'guy' and see what he says, tomorrow. My immediate thought is that resolution may not "matter" particularly, but I may be wrong in that. DO try the DVI, though, and I'll get back to you on the resolution question :)

I can see a few problems arising from this:

1) You are likely using the S-Video output of your video card. S-Video is Standard Definition. Not Hi-Def like your TV is. Component cables are Hi-Def, but since the origination of the signal is Reg-Def, you'll never get a true Hi-Def picture. DVI is a Hi-Def interface, and using that will allow you to get a Hi-Def signal to your TV.

2) Your TV likely supports 1080i. You vid cards max resolution falls short of 1080i. This means that whatever picture you send to your TV is NOT 1080i.

You will need the following to make a nice picture on your TV from your computer:

1) Get a vid card that supports at least 1920×1080 resolution (1080i).

2) Get a Hi-Def cable. This can be a VGA or DVI cable. Not S-Video.

you can buy a dvd decoder card that support high def (300 buck but 25 bucks on ebay). be aware the computer like text will always look funny. go to display properties and change your text to clear type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom