Help with windows media center

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ok so i have an OEM copy of media center up and running, im typing from the computer now. But what i need to know is how to get the actual media center parts working, they just don't appear to be there. The problem is i had someone else install windows, because it's a SATA drive and i don't have a floppy. So does anyone know what i need to do, or even if i can get those features.

I want to be able to send video back and forth between my xbox 360, and so far it looks like the only difference between what im running, and XP is that it says MCE on the start bar.

go to start>all programs>accessories>media center>media center

that's how u launch the media center program. also...did you try to upgrade from XP to media center?

No this was a new build, and i don't have the option for media center under accesories. Is media center by it's self on one of the disks i recieved and the guy just didn't install it?

Try installing media center from the second CD, maybe this will solve the problem!

So are those components on a seperate disk? or do i need to re-install windows(please say no) The guy said i might need a tuner card to install media center, so is that it?

spartan1121 said:
So are those components on a seperate disk? or do i need to re-install windows(please say no) The guy said i might need a tuner card to install media center, so is that it?

that come with your mobo. it's either a floppy or a floppy disc maker on the drivers cd

I already have the SATA drivers installed, and the computer works fine. It just seems that all of the features that media center adds are missing. My question is where can i find them, are they on a specific disk i got? As far as i can tell they are not installed. Would it have been possible for the computer guy to have been able to install those features without a tuner card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom