7900gt fan noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
,OK, i have got a gainward 7900gt and the fan IS DRIVING ME CRAZY,,ive tried rivatuner but it doesnt seem to do anything, does anyone know how i can make the fan go slower without replacing parts,
so no one tell me to get a new fan, im not doing that,, thanks in advance :)

You can mod and extend the GPU fan's wires to use one of the motherboard's fan plugs. The problem is the motherboad manages the air temp inside the case. So the GPU could be getting really hot but the fan would still be slow because overall system temps are relatively low. Only the CPU fan connector is regulated by the CPU temps.

or

u can use this software to slow it down :
"Gainward released an application called ExperTool if you install this and set the fan speed to ‘dynamic’ it takes the fan speed down to about 50% which is considerably less noisy. Even though the application is developed by Gainward because NVidia cards are mostly the same it will work on XFX and other brand cards."

http://www.gainward.net/support/index_uk/

i downloaded experttool and installed it, set my fan to 50% 2d and 3d just to test it but it didnt seem to do anything :(.. thanks for the help anyway

slow down fan might cause it to overheat. why not buy a quality copper heatsink like from zalman. stock heatsinks are usually lame and rely more on the stupid fan. now a nice zalman copper heatsink will help you. also you could try replacing the stock thermal paste with a better one.

I have never heard of 'gainward' but I will assume that its not BFG. thats your mistake there. BFG uses better heatsinks, and the warranty is best. a new zalman heatsink would be expensive, you could also re evaluate the entire case cooling and make sure air flow is coming in the front & sides while exhausting through the back.

If you got a 150-200bucks you could spend on a watercooling system, you shall try this right now! Really silent system with really low temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom