Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey

i tried a PC card on RC1 and it crashed and with RC2 the card does not crash the system.

do you think there is a PNP issue with RC1?

Yes i do. I have reported that issue several times in RC1. With several of my PNP Devices. My mouse, keyboard, game controllers and my external HDD all managed to crash my system.

It has been fixed in RC2 and the RTM branch builds that i have tested.

No. RC2 is no longer available to download unless you know some places to get it from. Wink Wink.

Paul Thurrott has recently reported that his sources at Microsoft have confirmed this weekend that Windows Vista is set to be finalized as early as Monday and released to manufacturing. The final build number is expected to be 6000.16386.061101-2205, apparently.

In its quest to finalize Windows Vista, Microsoft has faced two hurdles in recent days, one technical and one a bit more unusual. The proposed final build was marred by a few late breaking bugs, which the company expects to squash over the weekend. Meanwhile, a power outage in the Windows build lab Friday night prevented Microsoft from creating a new Vista build that night.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windows...rticleID/94132/windowspaulthurrott_94132.html

One more thing that 'Vista' edition puts big load on ur pc.It requires 512MB RAM atleast to run n occupies 4GB HDD space :mad: ****...microsoft don't realise of casual pc(s) :rolleyes:

hey ppl,

i d/l'd rc1 and burn the iso with alcohol, but when i try to view the files on the dvd, i get incorrect function. Is this normal?

i havent tried booting to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom