Motherboard For Core2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I'm going to build a conroe system soon, and i'm not sure on which motherboard to buy. Can you guys give me some suggestions?

you should look at either ASUS P5N series or the Gigabyte DS3. Hardly anybody on here is getting a different motherboard than those two.

I don't know much about the P5N series other than their more ram picky, can't oc as much as the DS3 but are more stable.

If you're on a budget of 1200-1400 and are going to be getting a good graphics card then get the DS3 otherwise you might want to look at the better P5N's.

Also the DS3 will let you overclock about as far as you want whereas the P5N's (from what i heard about a month ago) will only let you overclock a medium amount. (the general could only overclock his E6600 to 2.8Ghz on a P5N and i have my E6400 overclocked to 3.4Ghz on a DS3 with the same ram.)

if you're not going to overclock then it really doesn't matter between the two and i'd just get the DS3 as it's cheaper.

the ds3 if your on a budget

the asus p5n 32 board is a good one but also look at the p5w dh deluxe which is alos a nice board

im gettign a p5n 32 sli premeum for 250 for my e6300 and some one i know has over clocked there e6400 to 3.2Ghz on this board u just have to know what u are doing when ocing as its a litle more complicated with this board then others

Asus P5B deluxe is also a solid overclocking board.

I saw one "open box" for like 149.00 but there's a lot of accessory stuff that would suck to not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom