Not open for further replies.

timmy3193

Solid State Member
OK heres the system, budget was 1700 aud

http://www.cworld.com.au/product_info.php?ID=75904

Product description:
• Express system assembly with O/S installation
• Honli ATX 9633B Black Case with 550W PSU
• Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 - 2.13GHz - (1066FSB/2MB Cache)
• Pioneer 16x DVD Super Multi Burner OEM
• Seagate 320G 7200RPM SATA-II 16M cache [ST3320620AS]
• Rock Multimedia Keyboard PS/2
• Rock 3D Optical Mouse USB
• Asus P5VD2-MX
• 19" Fujitsu 5ms Widescreen LCD with inbuilt Speakers
• 1G RAM DDR2 533Mhz Generic (512MB X 2 )
• 1000W Juster with subwoofer (3D-503)
• Rock Retractable Earphones with Microphone [MEARPHM-RE]
• Click 2-point Surge Protector

COST = 1295.00 Australian for prebuilt by store

Albatron 256MB 7900GT Super High PCI Express [GAL7900GT-XE]

COST = 400.00

Total - 1700.00

The store is within 20 minutes drive from me (metro melbourne) If anyone can find a better deal(s) or better prices in australia post here. I need tips on haggling over the phone and thought it would be best to tackle that tomorrow morning. My mate said you could get 1500 if you kinda negotiated.. How do i do this o.0

I am a bit worried about the generic ram though, btw if i asked them to install windows vista beta on it (you gotta download from a site) Reckon they would do it.

BTW: prices in australia are more expensive than in the northern hemisphere, and yes that is after money exchange rates.

Price comparions to a melbourne/australian store would be greatly appreciated

if you don't mind it, buying all the parts seperately off the internet and building the computer yourself is always cheaper. I'd suggest that personally...it's really not that hard but will take you around 3-4 hours probably if it's your first time. It really is fun though :)

you'll probably want a different power supply and DDR2-800 ram too. the DD2-533 will only hurt performance and you might not be able to overclock if you buy through them (dell, HP, gateway...etc don't let you overclock with their PC's) and that's why the Core 2 Duo's are so good. They overclock to about 40% more performance.

i'd suggest looking up all those parts up on the internet seperately and finding out what the cost would be to build it yourself or even see if there's somebody you know or could hire to do it for you.

haha, this is a long post and i'm sorry for that but i just wanted to make sure you knew the options you can/should change.

That computer looks pretty similar to mine BTW. if you get good ram you can overclock the E6400 to 3.2Ghz pretty easily on a Gigabyte DS3 board...

*if you're not overclocking then about 1/2 this post is useless to you.

Jordo take a look at australian prices they are rip off :)

Ive been searching for a few days..

You know of any sites?

Ok I need pretty much a $400 Gfx card and a $300 Monitor. = 700
Keyboard, Dvd romdrive and Mouse = 100

About 1000 For Cpu,Psu,Case,Mobo,Ram and memory..

Cpu - Intel Core 2 duo 2.13Ghz - $330 au (at the cheapest!)
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-8I945GZME-RH S775, 945GZ, mATX, PCIE, , VGA, SND $130 au
Ram -
Memory -
Case -
Psu -

see i have no idea :S $500 isnt enof for the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom