help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanyDotK

Baseband Member
I have a gateway computer and everytime I boot up, about 3 seconds later it comes up with the "you have 60 seconds before the computer shuts down." You know, the MSBlast message. Just to let everybody know, YES I have ran a virus scan in safe mode with norton antivirus 2004 with 5/11/04 defintions, there were no viruses found, yes I have ran spybot, ad-adaware, and spysweeper and cleared out all of adware, I even took off everything loading in msconfig (and yes, I hit selective startup before I turned everything off). Can somebody tell me how to stop this?! thanks!

maybe windows update :rolleyes:
a firewall would also be a good idea.

the restarting message isn't the msblast virus,it just uses the same hole in windows to infect you.

how do I run windows update in safe mode? If I'm in regular windows, it gives me the 60 second shut down window. I don't even need to be online to get that window. I don't know =T

well i guess the next thing is to do is run hjt dont know if it will work maybe will see something

now you can download this onto a floppy and transfer it over to the computer your having problems with

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

does it say administrative shutdown? Try this. Disconnect you connection (either unplug the phone line or cable line from the computer) and boot up. If it stays on, then install a firewall. Also, if it boots up with no connection to the internet then I would DEFINATLEY say its blaster or some variant. Just because it wasn't detected doesnt mean you dont have it.

no it doesn't... I decided just to do a destrutive restore. Just for the record, I scanned the computer again with 5/12/04 virus definitions and nothing was found. I don't know what it is.

hmm... try using this switch command. shutdown -a

at that point you should be able to at LEAST run hijack this... I hope, cause I'm curious as HELL on what it is! Also is it shuting down from a remote procedure call (rpc) or something like LCC shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom