please help guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
i dunno whats going on here.i have 512 ram installed on my pc.and in task manager,the total physical memory is 523764k.i've tried opening lots of programs and i checked back and saw the total commit charge was more than 600000k.at this point,i could assume that my pc is starting to use the harddisk ram because there isnt enough ram.but what made me confused was there was still about 60000k available ram unused.shoulden it be used up totally before the harddisk ??

commit charge has to do with ur virtual memory, which is usually twice the amount of ram u have. so first, commit charge is not directly connected to how much ram u have. u can select the size of VM.

as to ur question, if every single byte of memory was being used ur comp would crash. i dont really know why u want to try this but if u keep opening programs it will crash. VM doesnt all of a sudden kick in once ur ram is used. VM is always being used along with ur ram

^^ yeah totally tru like on my teachers rig in class he was liek if i turn al lthe vm off it wil lgive me lo mem errors and he has 2 GB! so he jsut keeps some vm and all is fine!

Theyoyokid303 said:
^^ yeah totally tru like on my teachers rig in class he was liek if i turn al lthe vm off it wil lgive me lo mem errors and he has 2 GB! so he jsut keeps some vm and all is fine!

I turned mine and I don't get any errors, lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom