Direct 3d Draw drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastshot

In Runtime
ok so heres my problem. I would like to play a game on my computer but it won't play it. It states that it"cannot initiate d3d" so it will not start. I know the computer will play other games(such as cs) but it would be great to be able to play on two computers next to each other. What do i need to do? download new drivers? Or is this computer even meant to have 3d acceleration. The computer is a sony vaio model pcv-rx753.

Attachments

• johns pc stuff.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 54
how can I check to see if my video is dx9 compatible if it's onboard? And i just downloaded and installed dx again without a hitch....

First, download your video cards newest driver and install.

How old is the video card/computer?

Also, check under Display Properties - Troubleshoot and make sure your Hardware Acceleration is not at "None."

His computer is a Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz, 60GB HD, 512MB RAM, SIS 650 Integrated Graphics.

I'm going to guess around 3-4 years old.

Yep, The computer is from early 2002, I looked for drivers but it siad none were found that were more recent.

It says the chip does have 32 mb's of memory, and in the "about my computer" section in the manual, it states it does support "high powered 3d graphics"... i dunno about high powered but I do know that it would meet this requirment (VGA Video Card DirectX compatible video card with 8MB video memory, DirectX 8.0 or higher) if I could get the 3d working...

I also checked under Display Properties - Troubleshoot, and the hardware accel is at none, any other ideas?

ok, so now that direct 3d draw works for dx7 and dx8, Installed the game. Heres The problem. A) on the settings screen, the area where i am supposed to fill in the screen resolutions has no options, B) when i start the game i get this error message. What does this mean? I know my direct 3d draw works, but why won't the game recognicze it?( the gameonly takes up 8 mb's or video memory, and I have 32) This did not happen with my other computer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom